Our Design Build Process
Initial Consultation (~1 hour)
- Listen to your needs, wants, and dreams for your project
- Walk through your home and assess the overall feasibility of the project
- Give a ‘broad brush stroke’ idea of construction costs
- Explain and answer questions about our process and go through next steps
- Draft a design agreement at the request of the homeowner(s)
Design (4 – 6 weeks)
- Design/redesign your house into a home that fits your needs and desires
- We guarantee you will love the design and it can be built
- You own the design plans
- Provide you with a no-obligation Construction Agreement
- Produce a detailed estimate that can also be used for bank financing
You can see your vision of your dreams on paper (or perhaps a 3D model)! The next step is to enhance and refine your finalized design after entering into a Construction Contract.
Pre-Construction (6 – 8 weeks)
- Design/select materials for the project
- Produce permit ready construction drawings with engineering
- Produce interior drawings
- Bring our subcontractors and suppliers through the project to prepare for construction
- Refine budget based on the client’s selected materials and final construction details
- Acquire building permits
During construction, we will meet with you weekly to visualize the design as it is being built and keep you informed of the building progress to ensure that your dream home is realized as imagined.
Start Construction (2 – 7+ months)
- Construction kick-off meeting with our Site Manager to go over house management issues such as security, dust & protection measure and other important managerial issues.
- Pass out friendly flyers to alert neighbors we will be working in the area with our contact information.
- Install protective coverings to protect your home and minimize dust as if your home was our own.
- Supervise all the work to ensure the fit and finish of every detail throughout the construction process.
Building lasting relationships is the foundation of what drives COOPER Design Builders. We promise and deliver not only high-quality craftsmanship but continued communication and client care of the highest caliber. We honor our commitments, stand behind our work, and always make it right.
- A one year home warranty covering the full scope of the work is extended to our clients at the completion of construction.
- Warranty appointments are proactively scheduled at 30 days, 6 months, and 1 year after a project’s completion.